In accordance with New UK Offensive Weapons Laws 2019, anyone purchasing knives or saws from Prepper’s Paradise will be required to upload an image of you personal identification at check out.
Buyers must be at least 18 years of age by law. In the interest of public safety, anyone under 21 may be subject to additional screening.
ID will also be required upon delivery, items cannot be left in a safe place.
- it is illegal for anyone, including a shop, to sell a knife of any kind (including cutlery and kitchen knives) to anyone under the age of 18
- it is illegal to carry a knife in public without good reason, unless it has a folding blade three inches (7.62 cm) or less
- it is illegal to threaten anyone with any knife or other object
- the maximum penalty for carrying a knife illegally is four years in prison and an unlimited fine
Acceptable forms of ID to prove you are over 18 include:
- A photo driving licence
- A passport
- A proof of age card, such as the PASS card from the national Proof of Age Standards Scheme.
If you are having trouble uploading an image of your ID, please email us via the Contact Us page for assistance.
Prepper’s Paradise reserves the right to refuse the sale of restricted items without warning.